Thursday, May 17, 2012

Burlap Wreath

I made this wreath for our front door.  


I wanted to include a picture tutorial, but this is more or less how I did it.

Supplies needed:
  1. Styrofoam wreath the size you want your wreath to be
  2. About 2 yards or so of burlap
  3. Scissors
  4. Hot glue and hot glue gun
  5. Any additional materials for decoration (I used rope, ribbon, and fake flowers.  Also, think about the color of your door when choosing these items - you want something to complement what you have.  I have a rust red door, so I decided to steer away from anything that would clash with that.)


 Directions:
  1. Cut burlap into about 4-5 inch wide strips.
  2. Fold the strip in half lengthwise to create a more finished edge for wrapping.  If you like the raw edge of the burlap, don't fold it.  
  3. Then I began to wrap around the Styrofoam wreath form securing as I went with hot glue.
  4. Once the wreath was completely wrapped, I arranged the decorative rope, ribbon, and flowers and hot glued those into place.  (I liked the look of the ribbon being looped and the rope having little knots at the end.)
  5. Hang on door and admire your handy-work!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment