Sunday, February 5, 2012

Christmas Day


This was our first Christmas in our own home. Of course there was a part of me that missed seeing my own family on Christmas day, but I have to admit that it was kind of fun to start our own family traditions for the holiday. I enjoyed merging the things that we had both grown up with to create our own unique family traditions. A little of this and a little of that. Our breakfast included lox and bagels (from the Norwegian side) and monkey bread (from the Crosby side). We got a family picture in front of the tree (a Farnsworth tradition). We each took turns opening our presents so we could make the morning last (both of our families did this). It was a great Christmas!


Christmas morning... you can see from the picture above that it was still dark when our Christmas morning began. We had agreed the night before to wait until whenever Charlotte woke up... but Daniel confessed to me later that he purposefully woke Charlotte up because he was too excited. :) He is still such a kid sometimes!

Santa came!






Auntie Kirsten made this beautiful yellow tutu for our little ballerina - it is her favorite color and she LOVES prancing around in it.



Charlotte has gotten increasingly expressive with her dancing and will close her eyes to create a more emotional dance. It is such a crack up.

Daniel got me the painting I talked about a few posts ago. This was an especially sentimental and meaningful gift for our family this year. I love it. Thank you, Sweetheart. :)


Charlotte has twins! Not knowing what the other was giving Charlotte, both Lola and Beste got her the American Girl Itty Bitty Baby dolls! Great minds (and grandmas) think alike! She LOVES to play mommy and now there is more for her to love!


I love it when the house is all decorated for Christmas. It is so warm and cozy. I just had to document how our home looked this Christmas.






1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. Thanks for sharing such precious pictures! That cheese looks amazing.

    Charlotte has the cutest smile! I love that little one.

    ReplyDelete