Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Christmas Crafts

After almost 5 years of marriage, a new house, and a baby, this Christmas really got me wanting to do some homemaker-y things.

Here are the crafty things I did for Christmas:

I finished painting those salt dough ornaments...




I wanted the outside of our house to look cozy and festive so I put candles in all the windows and turned them on every night. I also decorated our mailbox and I made a wreath for the front door using scraps from a place nearby that sells Christmas trees this time of year. I even incorporated some greenery from the trees and shrubs surrounding our house.





By the way, the day I made these it was actually warm enough that I could do it outside on a card table I set up in my driveway. This way I didn't have to worry so much about making a mess with all the pine needles and Charlotte could enjoy running around.


I am carrying on the family tradition of making KrumKake (these little Norwegian "ice-cream cones"). I made about 12 plates and gave them out to neighbors, friends, and family.





I had a lot of felt leftover from the felt playhouse I made for Charlotte this year for her birthday so I decided to put some of it to good use as Christmas ornaments.





These are just 2 of the woven felt hearts I made. These are another traditional Christmas decoration you might find in Norwegian households. I made about 8 of these.



And this is how our family room looked all decked for Christmas!








No comments:

Post a Comment